Wednesday 24 October 2012

Tate Modern -Tate Tanks

                                                                                   
Tate Modern opened in 2000 with the opening of Tate Modern the whole area went through a great period renovation & regeneration with new buildings being built. A new Addition to the Tate it's Tate Tanks that looks like an underground bunker for the arts supported by huge concrete pillars















Tate Tanks it's a new space inside the Tate Modern for performance films & events also called art in  action on the day I went they where showing  Sung Hwan Kim. Sung Hwan Kim is a Korean artist that works with video & performance. His work is about storytelling & he plays multiple roles. 






 
 I was happy to see Aldo Tambellini's experimental filmmaking great space to see it as well the space was vast.
He turns videos into moving aerial paintings.








by AldoTambellini

america made my brother
a total stranger
the unwritten law
divide & conquer
no conquests were made
but it created 2 remote
spaces
where blood from the same blood
splits its cells
each in its own container
separated completely
yet he’s only four years older
born under the same taurus sign
same mother same father
in the same city same land
in america
both taken to another land
italy
we grew up together with mother
yet a century separating us
during war we shared the same
bombing
he inside the house
I laying face down on the street
people we both knew died
I was the incorrigible one
he was the studious one
went along with the time
I the wild one
who often without knowing why
rebelled
each had his private war
art was in my blood from the beginning
he graduated in business administration
I faced the crisis at home
he did not
if I saw him right now
on the other side of the street
it would hurt me deeply to say
there goes my brother
america made him
a total stranger October 15, 1990


This is the space where his films where shown like a contemporary version on an ancient Greek Amphitheatre designed by Herzog.










No comments:

Post a Comment